One of the most damaging pests we see are termites. Termites can feed on your home and cost you thousands in damages.
- Subterranean termites are found in 49 of the 50 United States (all except Alaska). Termites love warm weather, so we see termites and termite damage a lot more in South Georgia.
- Termites are hungry! They eat non-stop 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Termites feed on dead plants and trees making your home a mouthwatering meal for them and the rest of their colony.
- There are three termite colonies per acre in the state of Georgia. There can be up to one million termites per colony.
- Termites are all different. There are about 2,000 known species of termites in the world, Formosan termites and subterranean termites being the most prevalent.
- A single colony of Formosan termites could eat the whole structure of a home within 2 years.
- 10% of the world’s living organisms are termites.
- Termites have strength in numbers! The total weight of all termites in the world is more than the weight of all humans.
- Each year, termites cause more than five billion dollars in property damage. Most homeowners insurance policies do not cover this damage.
- Formosan termite queens can produce up to 1,000 eggs a day, making termites one of the most abundant species in the world.
- Georgia is the number one termite infested area in the country.
- Termites in South Georgia have had a pest of their own since 1969: Astro Exterminating.
The best way to stop termites is to get a professional termite treatment plan. Astro Exterminating’s termite treatment plan helps keep termites away from your home and prevent termite damage. Call your local Astro office and ask how Astro Exterminating can help protect your home.
Serving South Georgia areas with offices in Valdosta, Tifton, Fitzgerald, Douglas, Leesburg, and Moultrie.