July is National Picnic Month and nothing ruins a picnic like bugs. Here are some foods to pack in your basket to help prevent pests like ants and spiders from ruining your picnic.
- Cinnamon repels mosquitoes. Adding this spice to a dessert or your morning coffee may help keep the swatting away.
- Basil leaves repel flies and mosquitoes. Keeping basil in your home is a great way to keep flying pests out of your home.
- Onions have a sharp small that scares away many bugs. Placing sliced onion in water can help scare away bugs.
- Vanilla Extract can help keep mosquitoes and ants away due to the strong smell.
- Vinegar can help prevent bug bites. Dilute some vinegar with water and spray surfaces you’d like to keep bug free.
- Cucumbers are a natural ant repellant. Sliced cucumber with the skin on can help ants stay away.
- Lemongrass is used in citronella, the most popular material for mosquito repellant.
Nature may offer its own pest repelling techniques for outside your home, but a call to Astro exterminators is the number one way to keep pests from coming inside. Call your local Astro office today!